What Can You Eat With Braces?
A few facts about healthy eating while you are in orthodontic treatment
Please do not eat hard, gooey, chewy, or sticky foods!
Eating these foods can loosen bands, break or bend wires, and detach brackets.
You may not discover the problem until hours or days later.
If the braces are broken, they cannot move your teeth and this will result in a longer treatment time.
So stay away from things like:
- Caramel candy
- Tootsie Rolls
- Beef jerky
- Slim Jims
- Pizza crust (hard)
- Tortilla chips
- Pretzels (hard)
- Suckers (any hard candy)
Fresh vegetables and fruits
- Be sure to cut fresh vegetables and fruits, such as carrots and apples, into bite-sized pieces.
- Do not bite with the front teeth! Use the back and side teeth instead.
- Cut corn on the cob off the cob.
- Be sure to cut meat away from the bone.
- Biting onto a bone like a chicken leg or ribs can break your braces.
- Cut meat into bite-sized pieces.
And remember … never chew on pens or pencils
- Keep fingers out of your mouth
- Limit soft drinks, especially dark colors (due to staining)
- NO POPCORN (except hull-less)
Click here to schedule your FREE Smiles Hollywood Orthodontics evaluation or call (972)529-9700 to speak with someone on our dynamic team!
MCKINNEY, ALLEN, FAIRVIEW, PLANO, FRISCO, CELINA, PROSPER, MELISSA, ANNA & PRINCETON, TEXAS AREAS